Today we have the very lovely Aven telling us all about how she plans to survive being stranded.
Top Five Characters for a Deserted Island
So the enchanting Victoria has given me another assignment–and really, how does one EVER say no to Victoria? She is FABULOUS. Anyway, this time I am to name the top five characters I would take on a deserted island to help me survive.
Now this is interesting because I am *NOT* an island kind of girl. Come on, I have skin the color of copy paper! I hate the idea of swimming in the same water with fish! (That is a weird phobia of mine but I digress.) So my whole goal? PICK CHARACTERS TO GET ME OFF THE DAMN ISLAND. And a book best friend and boyfriend for good measure. So with that said, here we go:
1. Robert Langdon from Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code. Robert is brilliant at getting out of jams and cracking codes. I am positive he could get me off the island! By the way, am I the only one who did NOT picture Tom Hanks playing Robert in the movie? I saw Pierce Brosnan as Robert myself…Yes. Now that would be a lovely Robert Langdon, don’t you think? Moving on to the next character before I try to find The Thomas Crown Affair on TV for a Pierce fix…
2. Hermione Granger, J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series. Hermione is brilliant, fearless, and can do magic. She can work with Robert to figure out an escape plan!
3. Darby Shaw, John Grisham’s The Pelican Brief. Another strong, intelligent woman. She and Hermione would be a force together! And Darby + Hermione + Robert = SUPER KICK ASS BRAIN TRUST. I’m so getting off the island in time for…
4. ….shopping and a visit to a wine bar with my BFF Becky Bloomwood, from Sophie Kinsella’s Confessions of a Shopaholic. So while the super kick ass brain trust is figuring a way to get us off the island, Becky and I can be plotting our full day of shopping, mani/pedis, and what bottle of wine to order with our cheese plate when we land back home. Brilliant, yes?
5. And last but not least, my book boyfriend, Charlie Lawton from Kristin Gore’s Sammy’s Hill. The more I think about how he would look like Chris Pine with glasses, and how calming and kind he was in the book, he could hold my hand in moments of uncertainty. And be waiting for me at home after I was done shopping with Becky. J
Thank you so much Aven good choices!
Tomorrow stranded and alone is Karli.